Friday, August 13, 2010

A series of unfortunate events?

Some weird stuff was happening to me in the last month or so which I did not welcome with open hands. For example, I ordered what it appeared to be an 'original' mobile phone but when it arrived I discover that it was a fake; a car crashed into mine while it was parked; and the latest one which happened today was that my Skype Account was hacked and this hacker began to call Taiwan and using the auto-recharge function he used up EUR50 worth of calls!

I was upset to learn that the mobile phone I thought I would enjoy using turned out to be a fake; I did get frustrated when this old lady crashed into my car (she claimed to have had a black-out while driving) but it was useless venting out anger at this poor woman under shock when the damage was already done. I was also infuriated when this hacked used my account to make the un-authorised calls. I could have displaced my anger and frustration towards people who were not to blame but instead I preferred to remain composed and rational about it.

Each situation I tackled it with caution and luckily in all circumstances I was re-imbursed for the damages/frauds. At first when I looked back and saw these series of events happening to me I got a bit upset and threw a 'fit' because I was attracting unwanted/negative energy. A friend of mine told me that it is possible that although I am not wanting these events to happen consciously, my unconscious could be attracting them. I personally do not wish to think of it that way...I'd rather see it as a process in which I've learned how to act diligently...ultimately in all circumstances I got reimbursed and that means I was lucky enough not to suffer any financial losses. I learned how to tackle such situations when they arise and I feel that these experiences allowed me to grow and mature even  more.

The moral of this reflection is that in the end what matters most is in what 'mind set' are you going to tackle the situation. I believe that without much shouting and swearing, things could be achieved without severing any relationships with others. Maybe I am naive in this subject, but I think it is worth sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment